dinsdag 22 maart 2011

Blog 3 - Italy

Hey!
I’m in Italy now and it is beautifull here! I really love this country, that’s why I already visited it several times. I can never get enough of it. The culture, the history, the beautifull museums and historical buildings,… Italy has it all.
But recently, there was a big scandal in Italy about the Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi. This scandal involves an under-aged girl, Ruby, who is said to be a prostitute. The Prime Minister is acused of having a sexual relationship with this girl while she was underaged. Ruby, a belly-dancer from Marocco whose real name is Karima, was arrested last month on suspiscion of theft. Berlusconi tried to release her from the appeal, under the so-called reason that he thought she was the niece of the Egyptian president. So he said he was acting in the public interests. This is when all the problems started. Now, Silvio Berlusconi is charged for abuse of power and his sexual relationship with an under-aged prostitute. Of course, the Prime Minister denies these allegations.
Prosecutors also claim that Silvio Berlusconi held parties where young women where paid for sex. Nicolle Minetti was a regular at these evenings, but she claims these evenings where innocent. She says that Silvio Berlusconi sung and told stories at these parties. Nicolle Minetti is also being investigated for procuring girls to the Prime Minister. She denies to have introduces Ruby to the Prime Minister, and says that she didn’t know Ruby was underaged.
This scandal is really affecting the Italians and the image of their country. A Prime Minister should be a good example for the country. He should definitely not be involved with the court or be mentioned in a sex scandal. This story isn’t doing justice to Italy and its beautifull history. The story really shocks me, because I have never heard something like this about a Prime Minister before. I think Silvio Berlusconi is not a good Prime Minister for Italy. She has been involved in too many of these stories. In my opinion, it is good that Berlusconi is being charged for his actions. This way, people will see that everyone is equal for the law.
I’ve really enjoyed visiting Italy! I stil love it here, even with all the scandals surrounding the Prime Minister. But I think these scandals don’t influence the beauty of this country. So Italy, see you next year when I come back. And dear reader, see you on me next blog, when I’m in France!
Elisa Debleu

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten